Help for graceful cleanup with backgroundaudio player

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I put shoutcast stream source into a background audio player and audiostreamer agent and playback works great for the most part - always seems to be a little re-buffer after the first few seconds, but it works.

The problem i'm having is how to gracefully shutdown the stream when someone stops the track and wants to play again - play should re-buffer from beginning.. i seem to confuse the audio streamer / agent with what i'm doing currently so i was just wondering if anyone has any pointers on what to lookout for so that the background audio agent will stop and next .play() will reload/rebuffer

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM

If you could send me your code, I could take a look.  The documentation isn't great on how to properly implement a background player.  I was hoping to release a sample background player with the Beta 2 version of the MSS.  I have solved the disposing problem I think, but it causes other issues.

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I've got a simple background audio player i'll zip up and send you, my code isn't the best so don't laugh :)

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Hi, I'm trying to get this to stream in the background, could I take a look at someone's code to see how it can be done? Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I have just released the beta 2 version that has some changes that will play better with the background player, as well as a sample application showing how to use it.  Check it out and let me know if you have any issues. :)